02 Nov Guidance to help prevent weight gain while people work from home during the COVID-19 pandemic
With most of us working from home, its normal to change our habits due to the changing routine due to the present lockdown. So avoid emotional eating or eating when we are bored, follow simple guidelines so that this period of pandemic and confinement to our home doesn’t lead to weight gain and in turn effects our health adversely.
- Set a time for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s important to stick to a routine.
- Eat healthy – make sure you are getting sufficient protein, vegetables and fruits in our diet. Avoid high calorie foods like processed food, fried and sugary food.
- Eat small amounts of healthy food every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism going.
- Drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day which is not only vital for your immune system but also good for detoxing.
- Control sugary drinks. Opt for healthier options like lemon water with salt, buttermilk or aampannaetc to beat the heat during this summer season.
- Avoid alcohol and aerated drinks
This is a very stressful time for everyone around the globe. Many of us our finding comfort in food and people are turning to emotional eating. It’s important to eat healthy and be physically active. Find ways to be active as physical activity not only helps managing your weight but being physically active boosts your immunity which is necessary at this time to deal with coronavirus. Exercising for minimum 30 minutes a day is must. Lets take control of our health to take control of this pandemic situation.
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR OTHER WEIGHT LOSS INFORMATION
For any queries, you can write to Dr Amit Garg ( Bariatric & Metabolic Surgeon, Chandigarh, India) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 7986991767, +91 6283337650