15 Nov Robotic Weight Loss Surgery in Mohali Punjab
For individuals grappling with severe obesity and unable to achieve weight loss through traditional methods or diet alone, weight loss surgery stands as an effective solution. This branch of procedures, commonly known as bariatric surgery, has witnessed significant advancements in recent years, expanding from conventional open surgeries to minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques. Among these innovations, robotic surgery has emerged as the latest option for weight loss surgery.
Robotic surgery leverages cutting-edge technology to execute procedures through smaller incisions. The surgeon, situated in the same operating room as the patient, orchestrates the robot’s arms to conduct the surgery. Equipped with 3D cameras, the robot offers the surgeon an exceptionally clear view during the operation. An accomplished team collaborates with the surgeon and patient in the operating room to support the surgical process. Dr Amit Garg, best Robotic Weight Loss Surgeon in Mohali, Punjab, utilizes a combination of robotic and laparoscopic approaches for weight loss surgery, selecting the most appropriate method based on the patient’s unique circumstances and the specific procedure at hand. Each patient undergoes individual evaluation to determine the optimal surgical course tailored to their needs.
Pros and Cons of Robotic Weight Loss Surgery
Dr Amit Garg, Robotic Weight Loss Surgeon in Mohali, Punjab, shares that robotic weight loss surgery offers several advantages for both surgeons and patients:
- Enhanced Visualization: The robotic system features 3D visualization, heightening depth perception and granting surgeons a clearer view during procedures.
- Smaller Incisions: Robotic surgery involves incisions that are typically less than one-third of an inch in length. These smaller incisions result in reduced pain, faster healing, diminished visible scarring, and a lowered risk of infection compared to open surgery.
- Improved Range of Motion: Surgical robots possess flexible wrists and instruments with a broader range of motion than traditional laparoscopic tools, enabling greater precision and maneuverability.
- Enhanced Ergonomics: Surgeons can sit at a console with easily accessible controls, reducing physician fatigue and enhancing precision during surgery. The robotic system facilitates access to challenging anatomical areas.
- Shortened Hospital Stays and Recovery Time: Similar to laparoscopic weight loss surgery, robotic weight loss surgery, being minimally invasive, also translates to shorter hospital stays, reduced postoperative pain, and a quicker return to work for patients.
- The Learning Curve: Robotic surgery involves newer technology and not all surgeons are equally familiar with it. However, Dr Amit Garg is fellowship trained and maintains his skills through simulation training.
- No Haptic Feedback: Dr Amit Garg best laparoscopic & robotic weight loss surgeon in Mohali, Punjab shares, “In robotic surgery, the surgeon operates the robot from a console, detached from the patient. As a result, the surgeon cannot feel the instruments touching the tissue. Consequently, reliance on visual cues, a profound understanding of anatomy, and familiarity with the robotic approach are essential.”
Procedures Offered Robotically
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Mini Gastric Bypass
- Sleeve Gastrectomy with Proximal Jejunal Bypass (for Type 2 Diabetes)
- Loop Duodeno Jejunal Bypass with Sleeve Gastrectomy (for Type 2 Diabetes)
- Revisional Bariatric Surgery
- Single Incision (Zero Scar) Weight Loss Surgery
Dr. Amit Garg, the Founder and Director of CODSILS, is acknowledged as a prominent authority in advanced laparoscopic and robotic weight loss surgery. His renowned reputation is built upon groundbreaking contributions to bariatric surgery, and in 2014, he established CODSILS with a vision to deliver premier solutions for obesity and diabetes. Since then, his dream has thrived and experienced substantial growth.
You can reach Dr Amit Garg – Best Robotic Weight Loss Surgeon in Mohali via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call at helpline number +91 6283337650