15 Dec CoolSculpting in Mohali
CoolSculpting is the trademarked name for a non-invasive fat reduction technique designed to eliminate stubborn fat from specific areas of the body. This method is known as cryolipolysis and received FDA approval in 2010.
The concept of cryolipolysis originated from the study of fat’s response to extreme cold, such as in cases of frostbite. Notably, fat freezes at a higher temperature than skin. The cryolipolysis device cools the targeted fat to a temperature that effectively destroys it while preserving the integrity of the skin and surrounding tissues.
It’s important to note that cryolipolysis does not involve surgery or the use of needles. During the procedure, the area of your body to be treated is placed between two cooling paddles. These paddles rapidly cool the area, and they are typically left in place for approximately 35 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Over this time, the process results in the destruction of approximately 20%-25% of the fat cells in the targeted area.
The full outcomes may take a few months to become noticeable, but you may begin to observe some changes within a few weeks as your immune system gradually removes the deceased fat cells.
Who Can Benefit?
Cryolipolysis is not a method for weight loss. It is typically recommended by a physician if you’ve attempted diet and exercise but have been unable to eliminate specific fat deposits or bulges, shared by Dr Amit Garg, best bariatric or weight loss surgeon in Mohali
Cryolipolysis should be avoided in cases of
- Loose skin: If you have loose or sagging skin in the targeted area, cryolipolysis may not be suitable as it is designed to address underlying fat deposits rather than skin laxity.
- Poor skin tone: Individuals with diminished skin elasticity may not be ideal candidates for cryolipolysis, as the procedure’s effectiveness is closely related to skin resilience.
- Cryoglobulinemia: This is a condition characterized by abnormal proteins in the blood that thicken in response to cold temperatures, making cryolipolysis an unsuitable choice.
- Cold urticaria: This skin condition triggers hives when exposed to cold temperatures, making cryolipolysis inappropriate for individuals with this condition.
- Paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria: This is a type of anemia that results in the destruction of red blood cells in cold temperatures, and cryolipolysis should be avoided in such cases.
- Raynaud’s phenomenon: Cryolipolysis may not be recommended for individuals with Raynaud’s phenomenon, a condition characterized by cold-induced constriction of blood vessels in the extremities, as it may exacerbate symptoms.
Avoid cryolipolysis if you:
- Have a low tolerance for cold.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Are dealing with obesity.
Cryolipolysis is not recommended for areas with:
- Varicose veins.
- Nerve issues.
- Skin rashes or lesions.
Cryolipolysis is usually used to target and eliminate fat cells in various body areas, including:
- Under the chin and jawline
- Back and flanks
- Subgluteal region (under the buttocks)
- Along the bra line
- Upper arms
Cryolipolysis, or CoolSculpting, is typically administered in a doctor’s office, and it doesn’t require scheduling recovery time. You can safely drive yourself home after the procedure.
Dr Amit Garg, bariatric / weight loss surgeon in Mohali, shares that while the process is generally well-tolerated, there are some potential side effects. During the treatment, you may experience sensations of pulling, tugging on your skin, and intense cold. Post-treatment, you might feel sore, akin to the sensation after exercise, and experience mild swelling.
In rare instances, cryolipolysis can result in mild to moderate post-procedural discomfort, and there is a slight risk of nerve pain. It’s worth noting that, occasionally, the treated skin may appear slightly less smooth after the procedure. In less than 1% of cases, individuals may experience a complication known as paradoxical fat hyperplasia, where the number of fat cells in the treated area increases instead of decreasing.
Dr. Amit Garg, Founder and Director of CODSILS, is widely recognized as a leading expert in advanced laparoscopic and robotic weight loss surgery. His reputation stems from pioneering contributions to bariatric surgery and his exceptional expertise. In 2014, he founded CODSILS with a vision to provide top-tier solutions for obesity and diabetes, a dream that has flourished and grown significantly over the years.
You can reach Dr Amit Garg – Best surgical and non surgical Weight Loss expert in Mohali, India via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at helpline number +91 6283337650