Diabetes Surgery In Panchkula India

Diabetes Surgery For Type 2 Diabetes

Diabetes Surgery In Panchkula India

Surgery for Type 2 diabetes in Panchkula, India / Diabetes Surgery in India

Following China, India has gained the unfortunate distinction of being the world’s diabetes epicenter. This is primarily attributed to the westernization of the Asian population, coupled with genetic predisposition and the prevalence of truncal obesity. This visceral obesity often leads to the development of Type 2 diabetes, also known as Insulin Resistance Syndrome. For many years, Type 2 diabetes was considered incurable and was managed through dietary adjustments, lifestyle modifications, and medical treatments. However, the progressive nature of the disease led to long-term complications such as nephropathy, retinopathy, and neuropathy. Dr. Amit Garg – best diabetes surgeon in Panchkula, has over a decade of experience in performing surgical procedures to address diabetes in the Panchkula, Haryana and Chandigarh tricity region.

What is Type 2 Diabetes?

Type 2 diabetes, also known as Insulin Resistance Syndrome, affects 90% of individuals with diabetes. In these cases, the pancreas functions normally, but the insulin it produces is hindered from effectively regulating blood sugar due to the presence of truncal obesity. In the remaining 10% of patients, there may be a reduced pancreatic Beta cell function, with or without insulin resistance.

Is Type 2 Diabetes Curable?

With the advancements in medical science, Type 2 diabetes can now be reversed through metabolic bariatric surgery. Today, this field of surgery is often referred to as “metabolic surgery” because it can effectively cure Type 2 diabetes. These surgical procedures work independently of weight loss and often result in the resolution of diabetes within the first 10 days after surgery. Consequently, such surgeries are suitable for non-obese patients as well. The primary goal of metabolic surgery is to lower HbA1c levels to less than 6.5 without the need for medical or insulin therapy. Metabolic surgery achieves this by promoting calorie restriction and stimulating the pancreas to produce more insulin through incretin hormones. These surgeries not only help control diabetes but also improve underlying conditions like dyslipidemia, hypertension, and fatty liver. Long-term control of diabetes through metabolic surgery also reduces the risk of diabetes-related complications.

Who is a suitable candidate for Diabetic Surgery / Metabolic Surgery?

Candidates for metabolic surgery include:

  • Patients with Type 2 diabetes and a BMI exceeding 32.5 Kg/m².
  • Patients with Type 2 diabetes and a BMI between 27.5 and 32.5 Kg/m² who experience poor diabetes control with medical or insulin therapy.

Is the Same Metabolic Surgery Procedure Suitable for All Diabetic Patients?

Metabolic surgery, or diabetic surgery, encompasses a range of procedures. The ideal procedure is selected based on a thorough evaluation of the patient’s pancreatic function. While metabolic surgery is a potent tool for controlling Type 2 diabetes, long-term success and sustainability of the surgery require modifications to one’s eating habits and lifestyle.

Does metabolic surgery guarantee diabetes resolution for all patients?

The resolution or reversal of diabetes depends on several factors, and results vary based on the specific procedure and the individual patient’s circumstances:

  • The patient’s age at the time of diabetes diagnosis.
  • The patient’s BMI.
  • The type and dosage of medical therapy (only tablets, tablets plus insulin).
  • The dosage and duration of insulin therapy.
  • The patient’s pancreatic function or C-peptide level.
  • Family history of Type 2 diabetes.
  • The choice of the most suitable metabolic procedure.

For information on diabetes surgery visithttps://www.codsils.com/diabetic-surgery/

Diabetes Surgery Results – https://youtu.be/H89D8BK_v0A?si=wG8mfgwvi9XcuJz2

For more information about diabetes surgery in Panchkula, Haryana, you can write to us at codsils.info@gmail.com, or contact us at our helpline number +916283337650

Translate »
WhatsApp chat