04 Dec Liposuction in Mohali, Punjab
Liposuction in Mohali, Punjab
Individuals who opt for liposuction typically maintain a stable body weight but seek to eliminate unwanted pockets of body fat in specific areas.
It’s important to note that liposuction is not a method for overall weight reduction or a remedy for obesity.
This procedure does not address issues such as cellulite, dimples, or stretch marks; its primary purpose is aesthetic enhancement, making it suitable for those looking to refine and improve the contours of their body
Liposuction results in the permanent removal of fat cells, reshaping the body’s silhouette. However, post-surgery, if patients do not adopt a healthy lifestyle, there is a risk that the remaining fat cells may expand.
There are limitations on the amount of fat that can be safely extracted in a single procedure.
Risks associated with liposuction include the possibility of infection, numbness, and scarring. Excessive fat removal can lead to irregularities like lumps or indentations in the skin. The degree of surgical risk appears to be correlated with the quantity of fat removed.
Liposuction primarily serves aesthetic purposes and doesn’t provide significant physical health advantages. For most individuals, adopting a healthy lifestyle, including a balanced diet, regular exercise, and adequate sleep, can yield similar or superior results.
Liposuction is typically recommended when lifestyle modifications fail to achieve the desired outcomes. It is effective in addressing localized fat deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise.
When an individual gains weight, their fat cells expand in size and volume. Liposuction reduces the number of fat cells in specific areas.
Before deciding to undergo liposuction, individuals should have a thorough discussion with their doctor to evaluate the procedure’s advantages and disadvantages. Liposuction should be a carefully considered choice.
The results of liposuction are typically subtle rather than dramatic.
Common target areas for liposuction treatment include the following body regions:
- Inner knees
- Flanks (love handles)
- Neckline and the area under the chin
- Upper arms
Liposuction is most effective for individuals with well-maintained skin tone and elasticity, as their skin can adapt to new contours seamlessly.
People with diminished skin elasticity may experience loose or sagging skin in the areas treated through liposuction.
Candidates for liposuction should generally be over 18 years of age and in good overall health. Individuals with circulatory or blood flow issues, such as coronary artery disease, diabetes, or compromised immune systems, should refrain from undergoing liposuction.
Liposuction is typically performed for cosmetic purposes, but it can also serve therapeutic functions. These include:
- Lymphedema: A chronic condition characterized by the accumulation of excess lymphatic fluid in tissues, leading to swelling (edema), often in the arms or legs. Liposuction may be used to alleviate swelling, discomfort, and pain.
- Gynecomastia: In some cases, men accumulate fat beneath their breasts, and liposuction can address this concern.
- Lipodystrophy Syndrome: When fat accumulates in one area of the body and is lost in another, liposuction can help achieve a more natural distribution of body fat, enhancing the patient’s appearance.
- Extreme Weight Loss After Obesity: Individuals who have experienced significant weight loss, especially those with morbid obesity who have lost at least 40 percent of their BMI, may require treatment to remove excess skin and address other post-weight loss abnormalities.
- Lipomas: Liposuction can be utilized for the removal of benign fatty tumors known as lipomas.
As per Dr Amit Garg, best weight loss surgeon in Mohali, shares, “Like any major surgical procedure, liposuction carries inherent risks, which include bleeding, infection, and adverse reactions to anesthesia. The likelihood of complications is typically associated with the scale of the procedure, the surgeon’s expertise, and their specific training.”
Potential risks, unwelcome side effects, or complications encompass:
- Severe bruising: This bruising may persist for several weeks following the procedure.
- Inflammation: Swelling may take up to six months to fully subside, and there may be ongoing fluid discharge from the incisions.
- Thrombophlebitis: In rare instances, a blood clot may form in a vein, leading to inflammation and further complications.
- Contour irregularities: Poor skin elasticity, unusual wound healing, or uneven fat removal can result in skin appearing withered, wavy, or uneven.
- Numbness: The treated area may experience temporary numbness.
- Infections: Skin infections post-liposuction surgery are rare but may necessitate surgical treatment, potentially leading to scarring.
- Internal organ punctures: This risk is exceptionally rare.
- Death: Anesthesia carries a small but inherent risk of death.
- Kidney or heart problems: Fluctuations in the body’s fluid levels during the injection and suction process may lead to kidney or heart issues.
- Pulmonary embolism: Fat entering the bloodstream and traveling to the lungs can obstruct circulation, posing a life-threatening risk.
- Pulmonary edema: In some cases, the injection of fluid may result in fluid accumulation in the lungs.
- Allergic reaction: Patients may have allergic reactions to medications or materials used during surgery.
- Skin burns: Friction from the cannula’s movement can potentially cause skin or nerve burns.
Satisfaction with the results is often highest among individuals who carefully weigh the pros and cons in advance, receive thorough information about what to anticipate, select a qualified and experienced surgeon, and engage in comprehensive discussions about the procedure with their surgeon.
Dr. Amit Garg, Founder and Director of CODSILS, is widely recognized as a leading expert in advanced laparoscopic and robotic weight loss surgery. His reputation stems from pioneering contributions to bariatric surgery and his exceptional expertise. In 2014, he founded CODSILS with a vision to provide top-tier solutions for obesity and diabetes, a dream that has flourished and grown significantly over the years.
You can reach Dr Amit Garg – Best surgical and non surgical Weight Loss expert in Mohali, India via email at email@example.com or call at helpline number +91 6283337650